Review of Adult Learning and Literacy
- Massachusetts: A Case Study of Improvement and Growth of Adult Education Services
John Comings and Lisa Soricone (2004) (Review, Volume 5: Chapter 4)
- Adult Literacy and Postsecondary Education Students: Overlapping Populations and Learning Trajectories
Stephen Reder (1999) (Annual Review, Volume 1, Chapter 4)
- A Primer on Adult Learning and Literacy in the United Kingdom
Mary Hamilton and Juliet Merrifield (1999) (Annual Review, Volume 1: Chapter 7)
Focus on Basics
- Health Literacy Curriculum Works for Adult Basic Education Students
Susan R. Levy, Sue Pinzur Rasher, Sarah Deardorff Carter, Lesley Maradik Harris, Michael L. Berbaum, Janice B. Mandernach, Laura Segal Bercovitz, & Laura Martin
(FOB, Volume 9, Issue B, September, 2008)
- Numeracy Matters
(FOB, Volume 9, Issue A, May, 2008)
- Is the GED an Effective Route to Postsecondary Education?
A Conversation with John Tyler
Barbara Garner (FOB, Volume 8, Issue C, December, 2006)
- What Are the Economic Effects of Earning a GED in Prison?
Research by John Tyler, article by Barbara Garner (FOB, Volume 7, Issue D, August 2005)
- A Comprehensive Professional Development Process Produces Radical Results
Betsy Topper & Mary Beth Gordon (FOB, Volume 7, Issue A, June 2004)
- A Maturing Partnership
Rima Rudd (FOB, Volume 5, Issue C, February 2002)
- Reflections on the Women, Violence, and Adult Education Project
Elizabeth Morrish (FOB, Volume 5, Issue C, February 2002)
- The Elizabeth West Project: A Health Professional Joins a Literacy Program in Downeast Maine
Beth Russett (FOB, Volume 5, Issue C, February 2002)
- Sharing What NCSALL is Learning
John Comings (FOB, Volume 4, Issue D, April 2001)
- Program Participation and Self-Directed Learning to Improve Basic Skills
Stephen Reder & Clare Strawn (FOB, Volume 4, Issue D, April 2001)
- Taking Literacy Skills Home
Victoria Purcell-Gates, Sophie Degener, Erik Jacobson, & Marta Soler (FOB, Volume 4, Issue D, April 2001)
- Focus on Research: Voices of Learners: Learner Identified Impacts Study
Barbara Garner (FOB, Volume 3, Issue B, June 1999)
- Focus on Research: Documenting Outcomes
(FOB, Volume 3, Issue C, September 1999)
- NCSALL Research Findings: Lessons from NCSALL's Outcomes and Impacts Study
Hal Beder (FOB, Volume 2, Issue D, December 1998)
- Focus on Research: NCSALL's Longitudinal Study
Barbara Garner (FOB, Volume 1, Issue C, September 1997)
- Open to Interpretation: Multiple Intelligences Theory in Adult Literacy Education.
Kallenbach, S. & Viens, J. (2002) (NCSALL Report #21)
- Toward a New Pluralism in ABE/ESOL Classrooms: Teaching to Multiple ìCultures of Mind.î Research Monograph(
740 pages) Kegan, R., Broderick, M., Drago-Severson, E., Helsing, D., Popp, N. , Portnow, K. & Associates. (2001) (NCSALL Report #19)
- Documenting Outcomes for Learners and Their Communities: A Report on a NCSALL Action Research Project
Bingman, B. with Ebert, O. & Bell, B. (2001) (NCSALL Report #20)
- ìIíve Come A Long Wayî: Learner-Identified Outcomes of Participation in Adult Literacy Programs.
Bingman, B. & Ebert, O. (2000) (NCSALL Report #13)
- Cognitive Skills Matter in the Labor Market, Even for School Dropouts.
Tyler, J., Murnane, R. & Willett, J. (2000) (NCSALL Report #15)
- The Devil is in the Details: Evidence from the GED on the Role of Examination System Details in Determining Who Passes.
Tyler, J., Murnane, R. & Willett, J. (2000) (NCSALL Report #16)
- Affecting Change in the Literacy Practice of Adult Learners: Impact of Two Dimensions of Instruction.
Purcell-Gates, V., Degener, S., Jacobson, E. & Soler, M. (2000) (NCSALL Report #17)
- The Outcomes and Impacts of Adult Literacy Education in the United States.
Beder, H. (1999) (NCSALL Report #6)
- The Outcomes and Impacts of Adult Literacy Education in the United StatesóAppendix A: Abstracts of Studies Reviewed.
Medina, P. (1999) (NCSALL Report #6A)
- Changes in Learnersí Lives One Year After Enrollment in Literacy Programs: An Analysis from the Longitudinal Study of Adult Literacy Participants in Tennessee.
Bingman, B., Ebert, O. & Smith, M. (1999) (NCSALL Report #11)
- Practitioners Speak: Contributing to a Research Agenda for Adult Basic Education.
Bingman, B., Smith, C. & Stewart, K. (1998) (NCSALL Report #4)
- Integrating Health and Literacy: Adult Educatorsí Experiences.
Rudd, R., Zacharia, C. & Daube, K. (1998) (NCSALL Report #5)
NCSALL Teaching and Training Materials
- Program Administrators' Sourcebook: A Resource on NCSALL’s Research for Adult Education Program Administrators
Taylor, J., Smith, C., & Bingman, B. with Bott, M., Gass, K., Lay, B., Taylor, D. A., & Tiedeman, K. (December 2005) (Teaching and Training Material)
- Research on the Economic Impact of the GED Diploma Panel - [Link will open in a new window.]
Updated 7/27/07 :: Copyright © 2005 NCSALL